Close your eyes and I'll kiss you / Tomorrow I'll miss you / Remember I'll always be true / And then while I'm away / I'll write home every day / And I'll send all my loving to you

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day #78: Uh Oh, My Coach Won't Start!

Finally, my time came! My motor coach broke down on me today. Surprisingly, I was really glad it happened, especially in the way that it happened; it couldn't have been worked out more smoothly. I laughed through the whole situation because of this, and because it was just so comical. When it was time to pick up my guests at the glacier and take them to their whale watching boat, all of a sudden, my coach wouldn't start. Jessica, who was with me in the lot and who has had her coaches break down on her like 8 or 9 times, was on it within seconds troubleshooting with the battery and the engine compartment. Then her and Nick Steffl fabricated a plan: he would take my folks out to the whale watch while I waited for the mechanics to show up and fix the coach. They saved the day, and I couldn't have done it without them! I let my guests know what happened and reassured them that Nick was just as good of a driver as I am, and that I would meet up with them later to bring them back to town. They had a good laugh about it. It all worked out in the end since it was a fairly easy going day and I had enough time for the shop to come out and tell me that my coach just needed to be jumped. Something about a 12 volt and a 24 volt battery...? Yeah, I'm not sure. But it all worked out in the end, and everyone on the bus assured me as they got off that they had a wonderful time! It was a great day and an equally great learning experience.



The best part of the day was that it turned out to be a beautiful day! By early afternoon the skies were blue and the sun was shining. It was so great to finally get some vitamin D and feel good about life. We hung out during our stage time in the parking lot at Safeway on our stools eating a pie Deb bought for $3 and just soaking up the sun; later at the BIMA (the dock where we pick up the whale watchers) we hung out in the sun and took some great photos. It seriously lifted my spirits to see blue skies and the sun shining down on the mountains and the city. I'm feeling great about these last 3 weeks until I head home for my next great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment